Whipped Feta with Bowery Herb Oil
45 minutes Yield: 10 servings
Made for Bowery By
Sari Kamp is a Brand Marketing Coordinator at Bowery, working on brand partnerships, activations, and events. Sari loves creating new recipes showcasing the best Bowery has to offer!
Featured Bowery Ingredients
Bowery Herb Oil Ingredients
- 2 cups packed Bowery Herbs (we like a combo of all 3!)
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (canola, grapeseed, etc.)
Whipped Feta Dip Ingredients
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (5% fat is ideal, but anything works!)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Bowery herb oil, plus more for topping
- Crudité and pita chips, for serving
Bowery Herb Oil Preparation
- Make a large ice bath in a big bowl. Set next to the stove.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add in all herbs, and cook for about 15 seconds, or until wilted and slightly darkened. Immediately transfer to the ice bath.
- Once cool, remove the herbs from the water and squeeze out as much water as possible. You should be left with a small, tight ball of herbs.
- Add the squozen herbs to a blender, and add in oil. Blend on the highest speed for at least 2 minutes. The blender will get slightly warm, but this will help break down the herbs and extract their color and flavor.
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth, and put it in a large bowl. Pour the herb oil through the cheesecloth lined strainer, but do not force the oil down. Let it gently seep through on its own, about 30 minutes.
Whipped Feta Dip Preparation
- In the same blender, combine the feta, greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest, and 2 tablespoons Bowery herb oil. Process until fluffy and smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Transfer dip to a bowl, and swirl a spoon through to create a swirly indent across the surface. Drizzle Bowery herb oil into the indent, and serve with pita chips and crudité.