Everyone knows the best part of Thanksgiving is digging into the leftovers the next day. We like to pile them onto good focaccia and top with bright, crunchy romaine to cut through the richness of the sweet potato and casserole.
Wraps & Sandwiches
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich with Bowery Baby Romaine
Prep: 15 minutes Serves 2
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 large pieces focaccia, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup green bean casserole, finely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced turkey (or more!)
- 2 cups Bowery Baby Romaine
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- Dividing evenly, spread mashed sweet potato on two cut-side half focaccia, top with green bean casserole, turkey, and romaine lettuce.
- Dividing evenly, spread cranberry sauce on remaining halves focaccia. Place on top of lettuce to make sandwiches.nd season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast until tender and golden brown on both sides, 20 minutes.