This farm-fresh mocktail covers the full flavor spectrum. Muddling Bowery Arugula helps extract its natural spice which balances nicely with citrus and floral notes in the drink.
Sweet & Sour Herbal Mocktail with Bowery Arugula and Cilantro
Prep: 2 hours | Cook: 10 minutes Serves 1
Made for Bowery By
Rachelle Robinett is a Holistic Health Practitioner, Certified Herbalist, and Founder of Supernatural–a plant based real world wellness initiative. Rachelle combines her knowledge of herbal and traditional medicine, nutrition, and habit remodeling to curate holistic solutions for busy individuals seeking the best for their bodies and minds.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon dried rosebuds
- 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus
- 6-8 Bowery Farming Arugula leaves
- 1 splash of orange or grapefruit juice
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 splash of sparkling water
- 1 sprig of Bowery Farming Cilantro, to garnish
- Optional Salt Rim: Equal parts sugar, sea salt, chili powder plus dried and powdered Kaffir lime
- Place the dried rosebuds and hibiscus in a mason jar or a heat-proof/glass pitcher. Pour 12oz of hot water over the herbs and steep for at least 2 hours. For extra-strong flavor, leave overnight.
- Strain herbs and discard. Transfer tea to a clean jar.
- Muddle a few leaves of Bowery Farming Arugula in a glass. Add a splash of orange or grapefruit juice, followed by the pinch of cayenne pepper and splash of sparkling water.
- Add 1/2 cup of your Hibiscus & Rose Tea to top off the mocktail, then shake over ice.
- Pour over ice glass into a glass with a salted rim and garnish with Bowery Farming Cilantro.
- Note: The leftover tea can be used in smoothies or reheated and consumed on its own.