We’re in love with Violet’s Strawberry Recipe—we’ll find any “special occasion” to cook this one up.
A taste of summer in every bite.
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes Serves 2-3
Made for Bowery By
Growing up Violet looked up to Martha Stewart, reading her magazine like it was the bible, took cooking classes and worked as a line cook, but it wasn’t until during the pandemic that Violet shared her love of cooking with the world. She turned to TikTok to share easy, healthy recipes she creates from her dorm room, and landed herself a spot on TikTok’s Discover List. She’s honored to have a platform that empowers people in the kitchen, and believes that cooking is not only a powerful way to show love, but can also help people financially, mentally and physically.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar (most of the sweetness comes from the strawberries)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (vanilla bean works better)
- 4 packs Bowery Farming Strawberries, 16 oz.
- For the dough, start by whisking together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Then cut your chilled butter into small cubes. Add that to the flour mixture and using a pinching motion make little flakes of flour covered butter.
- Whisk together your eggs and milk and add half of that to the dough. Using a folding motion mix together, you don’t want to knead because this will destroy the flakiness. Add the rest of the egg mixture and continue folding until a dough forms. Break into about 8 pieces and form intro pucks.
- Bake at 370 for 20 minutes, they should be brown and crackley on the outside and soft on the inside.
- While dough bakes, prepare Bowery Farming Strawberries by chopping strawberries, leaving to soak in lemon juice, and covering in 1/2 cup sugar. Leave to rest.
- Whip your heavy cream with the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Top the shortcake with a layer of strawberries and syrup, add another shortcake, and more strawberries and cream. This is best served fresh, enjoy!