When there’s a chill in the air, warm up with this spicy soup from Chef Kia!
Spicy White Bean Soup with Bowery Mustard Frills
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes Serves 2-3
Made for Bowery By
Kia Damon is a self-taught chef and proud Floridan woman. She is the founder of the Kia Feeds The People program and cofounder of Auxilio: two non-profit organizations dedicated to combating food apartheid.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sweet italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound baby golden potatoes, diced
- 1 14oz can of white beans
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- kosher salt
- 4 cups chicken stock
- black pepper
- 2 Bowery Mustard Frills, 1.5oz
- In a medium sized pot heat the olive oil.
- While the pot heats, remove the sausage from the casing and crumble into smaller pieces.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until the fat renders and it begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pot to sauté with the meat until the onion is translucent.
- Mix the garlic in and cook for another minute, then add the potatoes in the pot and mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture cook for about 4 minutes to soften the potatoes.
- Open your beans and drain the liquid then pour into the pot.
- Season with the red chili flakes and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Pour the chicken stock in, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the soup until the potatoes are tender, then season with more salt and pepper to taste while stirring in the mustard frills.