This is the Hail Mary play of wraps—when you pull them off just right, the crowd always goes wild.
Wraps & Sandwiches
Spicy Steak Wraps with Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce
A show stopping steak wrap thats perfect for the big game.
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Chef Eric Adjepong is a Top Chef alum and Top Chef Amateurs judge. As a first-generation Ghanaian-American born and raised in New York City, Adjepong sources the flavors and influences in his cooking from many of the West African dishes he grew up eating.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1/4 cup gochujang
- Bowery Parsley, 1.5 oz
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb. skirt steak
- Kosher salt
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce, 4.0oz
- 1 1/4 cups prepared cabbage kimchi
- Whisk the gochujang, sesame oil, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture all over the steak and let marinate at room temperature for 1 minute.
- Broil the steak, flipping once, until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- Season with salt to taste, add to a serving platter, then add carrots, cucumber, scallions, Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce, and kimchi.