Tangy green sorrel adds the perfect pop to this creamy smoked salmon appetizer. Make these as a snack, or for your next party!
Smoked Salmon Roll with Bowery Green Sorrel, Cucumber, and Cream Cheese
Prep: 15 minutes Serves 4
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 4 oz smoked salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 4 oz cream cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 Persian cucumbers
- Bowery Green Sorrel, .5 oz
- flake salt, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine smoked salmon, cream cheese and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.
- Wash and trim both ends of cucumber. Slice cucumbers into thin ribbons with a mandoline or peeler.
- Lay one cucumber strip and spread a thin layer of salmon mixture. Arrange a few green sorrel leaves diagonally, with some stems sticking out the top. Gently roll the cucumber slice from one end to the other to create a spiral. Repeat. Garnish with flake salt before serving.