Let your creativity shine while making your very own spring rolls! Once assembled, dip the rolls in homemade peanut sauce for the perfect crunchy and creamy balance. These make a great snack, meal or party appetizer.
Wraps & Sandwiches
Shrimp Spring Rolls with Bowery Crispy Leaf and Peanut Dipping Sauce
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes Serves 4-6
Made for Bowery By
Derrell Smith is the creator and CEO of 99EATS, LLC, a virtual culinary brand with a mission to connect people through food, content and experiences. Prior to his culinary journey he was a NFL player and advertising producer.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips (julienne)
- 1 cucumber cut into thin strips (julienne)
- 1-2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 white vinegar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 lime + zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- Water + 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pack vermicelli rice noodles (~8oz)
- 8 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- 12-14 leaves of Bowery Basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped Bowery Cilantro
- Bowery Crispy Leaf, 4.5 oz
Make it Vegan
To make this dish vegan, substitute the shrimp with diced, extra firm tofu and use soy sauce in lieu of fish sauce.
- Prepare vegetables, and place into separate bowls so that it’s easy to assemble the rolls.
- In a small pot, on medium heat stir together the sauce ingredients: balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lime + zest, sesame oil, grated ginger, black pepper, fish sauce (optional), water and salt. Stir until smooth then let simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain, and rinse in cold water then set aside.
- Add salt to the water and boil shrimp in salty water for 3-4 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water, then pat dry and cut in half.
- Add water to a dish large enough for the rice wrappers to fit into, then place one wrapper into the water and let soak for a few seconds.
- On 1/3 of the rice wrapper, stack your ingredients in the following order: veggies then herbs then cooked noodles. Roll the wrapper like a burrito 2/3 of the way, then lay 2-3 pieces of shrimp in the wrapper, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on the shrimp and finish rolling. Repeat for all rolls.