When we need big flavor fast, this is the recipe we reach for—basic ingredients come to life when paired with a delicious Bowery Mustard Frills Pistachio Pesto.
Quinoa & Corn Grain Bowl with Bowery Mustard Frills Pistachio Pesto
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Jill Donenfeld and Tiana Tenet are on a mission to bring us back to the table by making it easier for busy, urban families to access delicious and nourishing home-cooked meals. Their combined culinary experience has produced countless recipes that are now weeknight staples.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ears of corn
- Bowery Mustard Frills, 1.5 oz.
- 1 cup pistachios, roasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Remove from stove top and let cool.
- In a pot of boiling water, add corn for 4-5 minutes. Remove from stove top, cut kernels from cob and let cool.
- In a blender, add half the container of Mustard Frills, pistachios, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend the mixture on high and stream in olive oil slowly as the motor is running.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the quinoa, tomatoes, corn and remaining container of Mustard Frills and dress with the mustard pistachio pesto to taste. Transfer the mixture to a serving platter and garnish with roasted pistachios and a few drizzles of any leftover pesto.