Green Sorrel adds a zingy twist to this classic pasta salad. Perfect for a picnic in the park, this is our go to pack a lunch for the summer.
Piccata Pasta Salad with Green Sorrel
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes Serves 2-3
Made for Bowery By
Dan Pelosi is the fabulous chef and design expert behind GrossyPelosi, the online hub for all things delicious.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 12 oz box of Orecchiette
- 3 Lemons
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons caper juice
- 3 cloves grated or finely minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Roughly Chopped Parsley
- Bowery Farming Green Sorrel, 1.5 oz
- Cook Orecchiette until al dente. Drain and spread out on a sheet pan to cool. Set aside.
- Thinly slice two whole lemons into rounds, then remove seeds and halve each round. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add halved lemon slices. Cook, stirring every couple of minutes, until lemon slices are brown and caramelized, about 10-12 Minutes.
- Carefully add 1 cup of pasta water from the pasta pot into the pan with pepper and stir. Let simmer over medium heat.
- While your lemons cook, slice your chicken tenders into quarter-inch thick pieces. Place half a cup of all-purpose flour and one teaspoon kosher salt on a plate or tray and combine. Toss chicken tender pieces in the flour and salt mixture to fully coat the chicken.
- Remove lemons from the pan and set aside.
- Place two more tablespoons of olive oil in the pan that you cooked the lemons in and bring to medium heat. Cook breaded chicken pieces in the pan until browned on both sides, flipping it halfway through, about 5 minutes. You may need to cook chicken in two batches, so you don’t overcrowd the pan. Place cooked chicken on a pan or tray to cool. Don’t forget to grab all the crispy bits on the bottom of the pan!
- Now let’s make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons capers, 2 teaspoons caper juice, 3 cloves grated or finely minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- In a large bowl add pasta, chicken and lemons. Add 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley and 2 cups Bowery Farms green sorrel. Top it all with dressing and stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Place pasta salad in the refrigerator, letting it cool for at least a few hours, if not overnight.
- Before serving, toss salad to redistribute the dressing. Serve cold and enjoy!