This backpocket vinaigrette comes together quickly with basic pantry ingredients. Zesty with a hint of sweetness, it pairs perfectly with the spice of Bowery Arugula.
Dips & Dressings
Bowery Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
Prep: 5 minutes Makes about 1/2 cup
Made for Bowery By
Rick Martinez is a James Beard Award nominee, future cookbook author and contributing food editor to Bon Appétit, New York Times and Food Network with a deep love of Mexican culture and cuisine. Rick lives in New York but is currently in Mexico researching regional food for his upcoming book, Siete Platos.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Do ahead: Lemon vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead, just store in an airtight container and chill.