La Luna Verde Cocktail
10 minutes Yield: 1 drink
Made for Bowery By
Sari Kamp is a Brand Marketing Coordinator at Bowery, working on brand partnerships, activations, and events. Sari loves creating new recipes showcasing the best Bowery has to offer!
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 clamshell Bowery Basil, stems removed, 2 leaves set aside for garnish
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 ounce Rosaluna Mezcal
- Splash of seltzer
- In a food processor, combine sugar, salt, ⅔ of the Bowery basil, and the lime zest. Pulse until light green and slightly damp looking. Pour onto a plate and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle remaining Bowery basil with lime juice and agave. Add in Rosaluna Mezcal and fill with ice. Shake until the outside of the shaker is freezing cold.
- Wet the rim of a rocks glass with a leftover piece of lime, then dip in the basil lime sugar/salt to coat the rim. Fill the glass with ice, then strain the cocktail into it. Top with a splash of seltzer, and garnish with a basil leaf.