Meaty fish like salmon hold up well on the grill and cook quickly, making them perfect for a weeknight dinner al fresco. Complimented by herby white beans and crunchy romaine, this balanced dish is full of fresh flavors.
Grilled Salmon with White Bean, Radish, Baby Romaine Salad
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Jill Donenfeld and Tiana Tenet are on a mission to bring us back to the table by making it easier for busy, urban families to access delicious and nourishing home-cooked meals. Their combined culinary experience has produced countless recipes that are now weeknight staples.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds wild coho salmon, deboned, skinned
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided, plus more for grilling
- 2½ cups cannellini beans
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Bowery Baby Romaine, 4.0 oz, hand torn
- 1 bunch red globe radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 black radish, thinly sliced
- 1 purple radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a grill for medium heat, and oil the grate. Oil salmon and season salmon with salt and pepper to taste, and then grill to desired doneness, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is grilling, make the white bean mash: In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons oil, 2 cups beans, 2 tablespoons tarragon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne. Mash the mixture with the back of a fork to a chunky consistency and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss remaining ½ cup beans, romaine, and radishes with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, remaining tarragon and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- On a large serving platter, spoon the white bean mash, place the grilled salmon on top and arrange the romaine salad between the salmon slices.