Dandelion Green and Kale Salad
Get your greens in with this punchy Dandelion Green salad!
Yield: 4 servings
Made for Bowery By
Chef Eric Adjepong is a Top Chef alum and Top Chef Amateurs judge. As a first-generation Ghanaian-American born and raised in New York City, Adjepong sources the flavors and influences in his cooking from many of the West African dishes he grew up eating.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1/2 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed, thinly shredded
- 1 clamshell Bowery Dandelion Greens
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, finely grated
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Place kale and dandelion greens in a bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, pecorino romano, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper until fully combined.
- Top the shredded kale and dandelion greens with the remaining two teaspoons of olive oil, toss well.
- Use hands to massage olive oil into the leaves.
- Let sit for one hour at room temperature.
- Mix in lemon and pecorino romano mixture.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Serve immediately.