Curry with Wilted Baby Kale
You haven’t tasted curry until you’ve had Bowery Baby Kale curry!
Yield: 4 servings
Made for Bowery By
Chef Calvin Eng is the Chef and Owner of Bonnie’s, a Cantonese American restaurant in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 clamshell Bowery Farming Baby Kale
- 3 tbsp. neutral oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp. Madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp. Maesri yellow curry paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. MSG
- 1 cup fried shallots
- 1 red onion, diced medium
- 1 red bell pepper, diced medium
- 1 green bell pepper, diced medium
- Heat a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add in the neutral oil.
- Sweat garlic and shallots until soft.
- Add in the curry paste and curry powder to bloom and toast until fragrant and a uniform paste is formed.
- Add in water, coconut milk, salt, MSG and fried shallots and bring to a boil.
- Add in all your vegetables and allow to simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with rice or as is like a stew.