If you haven’t tried Garam Masala, you’re in for a treat. This warming blend of spices plays particularly well with creamy coconut milk and sweet potatoes, while Bowery Baby Kale lends earthy balance to the dish.
Curried Bowery Baby Kale-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Prep: 15-20 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes Serves 2
Made for Bowery By
Rachelle Robinett is a Holistic Health Practitioner, Certified Herbalist, and Founder of Supernatural–a plant based real world wellness initiative. Rachelle combines her knowledge of herbal and traditional medicine, nutrition, and habit remodeling to curate holistic solutions for busy individuals seeking the best for their bodies and minds.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (optional: soak overnight to aid with digestion)
- coconut oil or olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- Bowery Baby Kale, 4.0 oz, finely chopped
- sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork, coat with coconut oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil. Roast for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coconut curry base. In a high-speed blender, combine the coconut milk, cashews, lemon juice, garlic and garam masala. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes have cooked through, slice in half and carefully scoop out the centers. Add to the coconut curry base and blend once more.
- Quickly sauté kale in coconut oil (or leave raw if preferred). Fold half of the kale into the coconut curry and mix well.
- Refill sweet potatoes with coconut curry and kale. Serve over remaining kale!