This hearty salad is perfect for a classic summertime lunch.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Salad with Bowery Mixed Greens
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes Serves 4
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 pound thin-sliced, boneless/skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Bowery Baby Butter, 4 oz (or Bowery Mixed Greens)
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
Make it vegetarian
For a vegetarian preparation, substitute the chicken breast with sliced cauliflower steaks.
- Heat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. Line up your dredging station: Spread the flour onto a plate. Combine the egg and Buffalo sauce in a medium bowl. Spread the panko on another plate.
- Bread your chicken: Working with one piece at a time, lightly but thoroughly coat chicken with flour and shake off excess. Dip the floured chicken into the egg/Buffalo sauce mixture, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl. Transfer coated chicken breast to the panko and cover thoroughly, gently pressing the panko onto the chicken. Transfer breaded chicken to the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Repeat until all pieces are breaded.
- Bake until the underside is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Flip, spray again, and bake another 5 to 8 minutes until golden and crisp, and internal temperature reads 165ºF. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Build your salad in layers on a serving platter: Spread one layer of mixed greens. Scatter a few pieces of celery, shredded carrots, blue cheese crumbles, and chicken strips over the greens. Dollop with small spoonfuls of blue cheese dressing. Repeat until all ingredients are used.