This is our favorite, decadent soup when we’re calling it a cozy, early night.
Creamy Tomato Soup with Cannelini Beans and Bowery Baby Rabe
Just when we thought a classic couldn’t be beat, we tried this soup.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes Serves 2-3
Made for Bowery By
Chef Eric Adjepong is a Top Chef alum and Top Chef Amateurs judge. As a first-generation Ghanaian-American born and raised in New York City, Adjepong sources the flavors and influences in his cooking from many of the West African dishes he grew up eating.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 28 oz crushed San Marzano tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tbsp sugar
- Bowery Baby Rabe, 1.5 oz
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 can cannelini beans
- ½ tsp black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add onions. Sauté until soft and golden, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and sauté 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes with their juice, chicken stock, and sugar. Stir together and bring to a boil then reduce heat, partially cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend your soup using an immersion blender to desired consistency. Once soup is blended, place back in the pot over medium heat.
- Add Baby Rabe, heavy cream, beans, and broccoli leaf then return to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cheese.