A classic that’s as quick and easy to make for one, as it is for a family weeknight meal or entertaining friends.
Chicken Paillard with Bowery Mustard Frills
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes Serves 1
Made for Bowery By
Ashton Keefe is a chef and culinary stylist whose work has appeared in Food & Wine Magazine, The New York Times, as well as the Today Show and Martha Stewart. Her bubbly and convivial nature mirrors her overarching and founding belief that food is an act of love and an opportunity for beauty.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, halved
- ½ ounce Bowery Mustard Frills
- 2-3 tablespoons Bowery Parsley, chopped
- 4-5 small tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 bocconcini balls, torn (or regular mozzarella, torn into bite size pieces)
- Place chicken breast in a resealable plastic bag and using a meat mallet or rolling pin, tenderize and flatten chicken breast until ¼” thick. Season flattened chicken breast with salt.
- Set out three shallow bowls and add flour to one, egg to the second and breadcrumbs to the third. Season each bowl with salt. Using a fork on tongs dip chicken breast from flour, coating fully to egg, to breadcrumbs.
- Combine and melt olive oil and butter together in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sear for 4-5 minutes and then flip and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove to a plate and squeeze with ½ lemon.
- In a small bowl combine Mustard Frills, parsley, tomatoes and bocconcini. Season salad with salt, the remaining ½ of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Top chicken with salad and enjoy.