These roasted carrots get a pick-me-up from a sweet and salty marinade and a zesty cilantro sauce. Carrot tops hold a lot of flavor, so don’t forget to save them for garnish!
Dips & Dressings
Carrots with Citrus and Bowery Cilantro Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Jill Donenfeld and Tiana Tenet are on a mission to bring us back to the table by making it easier for busy, urban families to access delicious and nourishing home-cooked meals. Their combined culinary experience has produced countless recipes that are now weeknight staples.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 bunches carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces plus leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups Bowery Cilantro plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with honey, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and ½ teaspoon cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the carrots onto a parchment paper lined sheet tray and roast until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion and sweat until translucent, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon cumin, remaining ½ teaspoon onion powder, and remaining ¼ teaspoon cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Set aside and let completely cool.
- In the base of a high-speed blender, add the cooled onions, Bowery Cilantro, lime juice and zest. While the motor is running, stream in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cilantro sauce evenly on the bottom of a serving platter. Pile the roasted carrots on top and garnish with the carrot top leaves and cilantro.