There’s no reason to relegate greens to desk lunch and dinner sides—shake up your breakfast routine with this super flexible breakfast bowl recipe.
Breakfast Bowl with Bowery Baby Butter, Arugula and Basil
Prep: 5 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes Serves 1
Made for Bowery By
Ksenia Avdulova shares the power of rituals, intuitive nourishment and conscious entrepreneurship through the award-nominated website breakfastcriminals.com and Woke & Wired podcast.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 cup Bowery Baby Butter
- 1 cup Bowery Arugula
- 1 Bowery Basil sprig
- 5 small rainbow carrots, washed and cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Your favorite dressing
- Sprouts to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Make it vegan
For a vegan preparation, omit the egg and select a dairy-free dressing.
- Roast or sautée the carrots (ghee recommended).
- Fry the egg with ghee or coconut oil.
- Load the greens into a bowl and add dressing.
- Top with carrots, egg, avocado, pomegranate, salt, pepper and sprouts.