With melted cheese and crunchy baby butter lettuce lettuce, you’ll never miss the meat in our signature veggie burgers. While they require a bit of time, we think the superior texture and flavor of a homemade veggie burger is worth it.
Wraps & Sandwiches
Bowery’s Veggie Burger with Baby Butter Lettuce
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 1.5 hours Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Ashton Keefe is a chef and culinary stylist whose work has appeared in Food & Wine Magazine, The New York Times, as well as the Today Show and Martha Stewart. Her bubbly and convivial nature mirrors her overarching and founding belief that food is an act of love and an opportunity for beauty.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whipped
- 4-5 leaves of Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce, for topping
- 4 buns and cheese of your choice, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a sheet tray with parchment.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt, then add lentils and cook until al dente, about 30 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan drizzle olive oil and sauté onion, carrot, garlic, fresh thyme and salt. When translucent add tomato paste and cremini mushrooms. Cook until wilted and remove to a bowl to cool.
- Add the cooked lentils to the bowl, along with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and egg. Stir it up and then ball the mixture to form 4 patties.
- Bake patties for 20-25 minutes and place on a bun with desired cheese, Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce.
- Optional: add avocado smash to buns.