This two for one dressing works just as well on a light piece of fish as it does on greens.
Dips & Dressings
Bowery’s Citrus-Mustard Vinaigrette
Prep: 15 minutes Makes 1/2 cup
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Combine shallot, lemon juice, mustard, and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in 4 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in air-tight container: Dressing can be kept in the refrigerator for several weeks. Shake well before serving.