Grilled squash and the versatile Italian herb vinaigrette gives Bowery Spring Mix the ultimate summer treatment. This salad can be a meal of its own, or a perfect side dish for grilled proteins.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved
- 1 zucchini, halved
- Bowery Spring Mix, 4 oz
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour one tablespoon of parmesan on a parchment lined baking sheet and gently pat down. Repeat with remaining cheese making sure there is half inch space between each mound. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- To make the vinaigrette: in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, oregano, chili flakes, garlic, black pepper, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine red onion and 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- Toss the squash and zucchini in 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette and grill until tender. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Spread Spring Mix in a large serving bowl or individual plates. Top with squash, zucchini, and red onion. Crumble some parmesan crisp and serve with herb vinaigrette.