Perfect for sunny picnics, this zingy potato salad is sure to be your next sharable hit.
Bowery Green Sorrel and Whole Grain Mustard Potato Salad
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes Serves 6-8
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 2 pounds baby yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small red onion (5 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon flaky salt
- Bowery Green Sorrel, 1.5 oz
Make it vegetarian:
To make this dish vegetarian, omit the bacon.
- In a medium pot, cover the potatoes by about an inch of cool water. Season water with 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender and can be pierced with a paring knife, about 10 to 15 minutes. While the potatoes are simmering, add the bacon to a medium skillet and turn heat to medium. Cook, slowly rendering the fat on a low to medium heat and turning periodically, until the bacon is rich in color, and crisp but not burnt, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate until cool and roughly chop into ½-inch pieces. Discard rendered bacon fat or reserve for another use. Once the potatoes are tender, drain and set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole grain mustard, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and honey. Add the warm potatoes, sliced onions, flaky salt, and bacon pieces and use a rubber spatula to gently toss until well combined. Let flavors meld at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Cover and chill if preparing ahead. When ready to serve, add the Bowery Green Sorrel and gently toss together.