When summer comes around and tomatoes are at their peak, simple is better. A quick marinade and pop of fresh cilantro bring out the best in cherry tomatoes here, with a sprinkle of feta and pistachios to add crunch and creaminess.
Bowery Cilantro and Tomato Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Serves 2-4
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 pound variety of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Bowery Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- Gently toss cherry tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl and marinate 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with feta and pistachios and drizzle with tomato juice mixture from the bowl.