Versatile Creamy Basil Cashew Dressing comes to play in this flavor packed salad: tender Baby Butter Lettuce is the perfect blanket for the hearty garlic croutons and crisp shaved carrots.
Bowery Butter Lettuce Salad with Garlic Croutons, Shaved Carrots, and Creamy Basil Cashew Dressing
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes Serves 2
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 slices of country sourdough bread, diced into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bowery Baby Butter Lettuce, 4.5 oz.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved into ribbons, kept in ice water
- 1/2 cup Creamy Bowery Basil Cashew Dressing (see recipe)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat. When the garlic begins to sizzle, add cubed bread, season with salt, toss to coat in oil, and arrange in a single layer. Toss the bread every minute or so until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer toasted bread onto a plate to cool. Discard the garlic.
- Top baby butter lettuce with shaved carrots and garlic croutons. Coat the salad with Creamy Bowery Basil Cashew Dressing (see related recipes for link below).