This dairy-free sauce rides the line between sweet and savory, making it just as at home topping subtly flavored cakes as it is a base for roasted vegetables.
Dips & Dressings
Bowery Basil Cashew Cream
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes Makes 1 cup
Made for Bowery By
Carla Hall first won over audiences when she competed on Bravo’s “Top Chef” and “Top Chef: All Stars” and shared her philosophy to always cook with love. Since then she has co-hosted ABC’s Emmy award winning, popular lifestyle series “The Chew”, and released several cookbooks.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup cold water, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-4 leaves of Bowery Basil
- 1. Place the cashews in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium; cook for 15 minutes, or until the nuts begin to plump slightly and soften.
- 2. Drain the cashews, then transfer them to a blender along with the 1 cup of cold water, lemon juice, salt, sugar and basil. Puree until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender, as needed. If the mixture seems too thick while blending, add more water, one tablespoon at a time.