Welcome to the lighter side of pasta—one where Bowery Arugula and Baby Kale are transformed into a creamy sauce that feels deceptively indulgent. Pro tip: pesto is a great way to use up small amounts of leftover greens and cut down on food waste.
Bowery Arugula and Baby Kale Pesto with Spaghetti
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 10-15 Minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Jill Donenfeld and Tiana Tenet are on a mission to bring us back to the table by making it easier for busy, urban families to access delicious and nourishing home-cooked meals. Their combined culinary experience has produced countless recipes that are now weeknight staples.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 4 oz Parmesan, grated, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Bowery Arugula, 4 oz
- ½ container of Bowery Baby Kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
Make it vegan
For a vegan preparation, either omit the parmesan or substitute it with a plant-based equivalent.
- Combine grated Parmesan, walnuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until walnuts are coarsely ground, about 4 to 5 pulses.
- Add Bowery Arugula and Bowery Baby Kale and pulse until leaves are roughly chopped.
- Stream in olive oil and pulse until combined and the mixture is a coarse puree, 4 to 5 pulses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with salt and add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return cooked pasta to pot, add pesto, and pasta cooking water. Stir until spaghetti is coated with sauce. Serve with more grated Parmesan.