Who doesn’t love a good cheese dip? In this lighter version, tangy feta is balanced out by earthy baby kale and creamy white beans, giving you a game day snack that doesn’t leave you wanting a nap afterwards.
Dips & Dressings
Bowery Baby Kale, White Bean, and Herbed Feta Dip
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Jodi Moreno is a chef, culinary consultant, and food stylist. She is also the author of the James Beard Nominated cookbook, More with Less: Whole Food Cooking Made Irresistibly Simple.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Bowery Baby Kale, 4.0 oz, roughly chopped
- 14 ounces canned cannellini beans
- 7 ounces feta, crumbled
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Bowery Parsley, 1.25 oz, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a medium sized cast iron (or other oven-proof pan), heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and salt and sauté until soft, but not brown.
- Add garlic, red pepper, and black pepper and stir to cook for a minute.
- Add the baby kale, and cook while stirring until wilted. Remove from heat and add the beans—stir to evenly distribute.
- Top with feta, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the feta is melted and starting to brown.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and serve with tortilla or potato chips.