Packed with protein and chock full of hearty greens, this substantial dish comes together quickly for an at-home brunch or a quick weeknight meal. As a bonus, the leftovers holdup beautifully and make a great lunch the next day.
Bowery Baby Kale Power Green Frittata
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 35 minutes Serves 6-8
Made for Bowery By
Jill Donenfeld and Tiana Tenet are on a mission to bring us back to the table by making it easier for busy, urban families to access delicious and nourishing home-cooked meals. Their combined culinary experience has produced countless recipes that are now weeknight staples.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing
- Bowery Baby Kale, 4.0 oz, chopped
- Spinach, 4.0 oz, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup sheep’s milk feta, crumbled
- ½ cup Bowery Basil, chopped
- 10 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil. Add kale and sweat, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach, allspice, cumin, onion powder, and cayenne and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in feta and basil. Set aside and let the veggies completely cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then stir in cooled sauté mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a greased, oven safe, non-stick deep dish pan, add egg mixture and bake until center is set, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the frittata cool for 5 minutes and then cut into 6 to 8 slices.