From weekend brunch to weeknight dinner, this versatile frittata is a great way to use up whatever Bowery greens and vegetables are hanging around in your fridge.
Bowery Baby Kale, Mushroom & Fennel Frittata
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20-25 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Ashton Keefe is a chef and culinary stylist whose work has appeared in Food & Wine Magazine, The New York Times, as well as the Today Show and Martha Stewart. Her bubbly and convivial nature mirrors her overarching and founding belief that food is an act of love and an opportunity for beauty.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 handful Bowery Baby Kale
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 handful mushrooms, quartered
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Whisk together 1 dozen eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, 2 teaspoon of salt and a handful of Bowery Baby Kale.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a heatproof skillet and add egg mixture and dot with mushrooms and 1 head of shaved fennel. Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and slightly puffed up. The center should no longer jiggle when shaken.
- Dress remaining Bowery Baby Kale with juice of ½ lemon and sprinkling of salt. Top frittata mixture or serve alongside.