With crispy tofu, creamy dressing, and earthy Baby Kale Blend, this salad is a riot of texture and flavor. While hearty enough for dinner, it also makes a stellar weekend lunch. You might want to double the frizzled scallions because once you put them on this salad, you’ll want to put them on everything!
Bowery Baby Kale Blend with Crispy Tofu, Frizzled Scallions, and Miso-Tahini Vinaigrette
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes Serves 2-4
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch segments and then cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 14.5 oz block firm tofu, cut into 2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Bowery Baby Kale Blend, 4.5 oz
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Combine scallions and vegetable oil in a medium saute pan and place over medium high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions start to brown and frizzle, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer scallions with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tofu to the same pan and cook over medium heat until crisp and brown on both sides, about 15 minutes, flipping halfway, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer crispy tofu to a plate.
- Whisk together tahini, miso, ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Serve tofu on top of Baby Kale Blend, drizzle with dressing, sesame seeds and reserved crispy scallions.