This two-for-one dressing works just as well on a light piece of fish as it does on greens. Choose a mild, sweet fish such as salmon or arctic char—it will stand up nicely to the zest of the dressing and balance the hearty baby kale.
Bowery Baby Kale Blend with Seared Salmon and Citrus-Mustard Vinaigrette
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 8-10 minutes Serves 4
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 12 ounces salmon filet
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Bowery Baby Kale Blend, 4.5 oz
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon, cut-side down, and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway. Transfer to a plate.
- Whisk together shallot, lemon juice, sugar, and Dijon in a medium bowl. Stream remaining olive oil into the bowl, whisking constantly, to make a creamy dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- Flake the salmon into large pieces and plate on top of Baby Kale Blend and serve with vinaigrette.