This deceptively simple salad packs a flavorful punch and is no slouch on the nutrition side either. With only three main ingredients, it’s important to select the highest quality grapefruit and avocado you can find. You’ll really taste the difference!
Bowery Baby Kale Blend, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Prep: 15 minutes Serves 2-4
Made for Bowery By
Sue Li is a food stylist and recipe developer based in New York City. She is a frequent contributor to New York Times Cooking and previously worked at Bon Appétit and Real Simple Magazine. And way before that, she worked at Eleven Madison Park as a line cook and learned about the world of recipe-making after she tested all the recipes for the restaurant’s first cookbook.
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- Bowery Baby Kale Blend, 4.5 oz
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Remove the peel of grapefruit, hold the fruit over a medium bowl to catch the juices and cut segments from the fruit. Squeeze the remaining rind to extract as much juice as possible.
- Transfer Baby Kale Blend onto serving platter. Top with avocado, jalapeno, and grapefruit segments. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and flaky sea salt.