Avocado Ranch Salad Kit with Beyond Taco Meat
20 minutes Yield: 4 servings
Made for Bowery By
Sari Kamp is a Brand Marketing Coordinator at Bowery, working on brand partnerships, activations, and events. Sari loves creating new recipes showcasing the best Bowery has to offer!
Featured Bowery Ingredients
- 1 pound Beyond Meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- Avocado Ranch Salad Kits, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 1.5 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Once glistening, add in onion and cook until translucent. Add in the peppers and cook until softened, then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove vegetables from the pan, leaving as much oil behind as possible.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and raise the heat to medium high. Once hot, add in the beyond meat and immediately season with salt and pepper. Break up the meat, letting it brown on one side before flipping and crumbling more to fully cook.
- While the meat cooks, combine all the spices and veggie stock or water in a small bowl or cup.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan, and stir to incorporate.
- Lower the heat to medium and pour in the liquid mixture. Stir to combine, and let it come to a simmer.
- Simmer with the lid off until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, and the meat and veggies are coated in a thick sauce.
- Let the taco meat cool slightly, then top your Avocado Ranch Salad Kit with it.